Sunday, February 27, 2011

OUR NEW NAME


OUR NEW NAME

"To Him who overcomes... I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it." (Rev.2:17c)

The Word tells us that "We are in the light as He is in the light" and "be ye perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" (Matt. 5:48) and " to perfect holiness". JESUS reached into the heart of the Father and brought forth a white stone which decreed us to be innocent through His sacrifice. Upon this stone was a new name (nature) which cannot be known by any man (carnality).

In Hebrew a white stone was given to a man who had been forgiven great sins. In Hebrew Court the white stone was given on the right hand for not guilty, the black stone for guilty. The former accused then wore the white stone and stood on the right (symbolic of acquittal, court satisfied by the Blood of Jesus Covenant) as a sign that he had been forgiven.

In the Middle Ages alchemists were fond of speaking of the 'lapis lazuli,' or white stone (actually a rich azure or sky-blue).Alchemists sought by science and discipline to build themselves into perfected stones - actually to become the white stone by which they could possess total knowledge and wisdom.

On the island of Patmos, whether or not John was aware of alchemy, the Holy Spirit certainly was, and the Lord promised, [Rev. 2:17]. But the Holy Spirit may also be saying something like this: 'To him who overcomes will I give a perfected soul; no one has to study alchemy to achieve it.' Every Christian is in the process of being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ, which will finally be accomplished in 'the twinkling of an eye' (1 Cor. 15:52) - as a gift and not by alchemic science or its modern counterpart,

To him who overcomes I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will go out no more. And I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of Heaven from My God, and My new name.(Rev 3:12)

In the Hebrew a person’s name was his nature, so they were very careful in naming a baby. Example, my husband David’s name means beloved, lover of all. My son’s name is Sean, a derivative of John which means God is gracious.

Therefore, our new name that is written in heaven is His nature. Our new name is Jesus. In the Old Testament, Hebrew names such as Joshua, Jehoshua, and Jeshua are simply linguistic variations of Jesus, meaning "God's salvation" or "God is my help," my salvation, my healer, my protector, my deliver, my refuge etc. His name/ His nature is written on our foreheads: His nature is embedded in our hearts and minds.

And I looked, and lo, the Lamb stood on Mount Zion. And with Him were a hundred and forty-four thousands, having His Father's name written in their foreheads. (Rev 14:1)
And they will see His face, and His name will be in their foreheads.(Rev 22:4)


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 New Year Prophesy

Happy New Year! Our hope is not in the new year, but in the One Who makes all things new!! These are great times of transition in the Body...