Thursday, September 29, 2016

OVERCOMERS

OVERCOMERS



The word overcomer in the Greek is Nike- just do it!!
John 16:33“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

1 John 5:4For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?    Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.   1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Rev. 12:11“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

8 promises to Overcomers;


  1. SALVATION
  1. ETERNAL LIFE
  1. PROVISION, DESTINY
  1. NEW REALMS OF AUTHORITY
  1. RIGHTEOUSNESS, HOLINESS, FULFILLING DESTINY, AFFIRMING YOU
  1. IMMOVABLE, NEW NAME, BRIDE OF CHRIST
  1. A THRONE - a royal position and authority (Matt. 28:19-20). RULING AND REIGNING
  1. MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD

Revelation 2:7
7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.” ’
Revelation 2:11
11 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.” ’

Revelation 2:17
17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” ’

The overcomers who stand with the Lamb on Mount Zion have "His Father's name" (the same kind of relationship that Jesus had with the Father) in their forehead. (Rev. 14:1-5; 22:4; compare 1 Cor. 1:10)! 

White Stone: "To Him who overcomes... I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it."
JESUS reached into the heart of the Father and brought forth a white stone which decreed us to be innocent through His sacrifice.  Upon this stone was a new name (nature) which cannot be known by any man (carnality).

Revelation 2:26
26 “And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations

Revelation 3:5
5 “He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 3:12
12 “He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Isaiah 62:2 The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, And all kings your glory. You shall be called by a new name, Which the mouth of the Lord will name.

The New Name God Gives to Us

The Lord gives us a new name--a new identity. Our total identity is wrapped up in our association with Him. As His children, we receive this new name. In walking in the new name, we are confident and strong, knowing who we are in Him. It is about the name that He has given to us (Revelation 3:12).

We can choose to walk in our "old name" or walk in the new that God has given. It is a picture of choosing to yield to the old man or the new man created in true righteousness in holiness (Ephesians 4:24). We are partakers of the divine nature through His promises (2 Peter 1:4).

Just as Saul received a new name from the Lord, the demons recognized him by his new name, the new divine nature--not the old. This is because Paul walked in the new name and life that God had given to him.


Revelation 3:21
21 “To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Revelation 3:21, KJV To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My THRONE (thronos - place or stately throne seat of authority, with a footstool), even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His THRONE.

Ephesians 1:20-23, KJV  Which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places,21 FAR ABOVE ALL (rulership) principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:22 And has put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church,23 Which is His body, the fullness of Him that fills all in all.

 Revelation 21:7 “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 New Year Prophesy

Happy New Year! Our hope is not in the new year, but in the One Who makes all things new!! These are great times of transition in the Body...