Tuesday, April 13, 2010


THE NEW COVENANT- MORE EXCELLENT WAY

Scripture References: The New Covenant. Jer. 31:31; Luke 22:20; 1 Cor. 11:25; 2 Cor. 3:6; Heb. 8:8,13; 9:15; 12:24

Jer. 31:31“Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Jer. 31:34--1. "I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts."
"I will give them an heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God; for they shall return unto Me with their whole heart" (Jer. xxiv. 7).
2. "And I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
3. "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord, for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord."
4. For I will forgive their iniquities, and I will remember their sin no more."

COVENANT, NEW—the new agreement (or new testament) God has made with mankind, based on the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The concept of a new covenant originated with the promise of the prophet Jeremiah that God would accomplish for His people what the old covenant had failed to do (Jer. 31:31). Under this new covenant, God would write His Law on human hearts. This promised action suggested a new potential for obedience, a new dimension of knowing the Lord, and a fully accomplished provision of forgiveness for sin. The redeeming work of Jesus Christ has brought the promised new covenant into being. In Luke 22:20, Jesus presented the cup as “the new covenant in My blood,” which understanding has continued in the church (1 Cor. 11:25). The Epistle to the Hebrews elaborates this. It quotes the entire “new covenant” passage from Jeremiah 31:31-34 (Heb. 8:8-12; also 10:16-17), and declares Jesus as “the Mediator of the new covenant” (Heb. 9:15; 12:24), a “better covenant…established on better promises” (Heb. 8:6).

The New Covenant “glory” exceeds everything of the Old, and we can be certain that God, in Christ, has made a complete provision for the well-being of our total person. The Lord has given us BOLDNESS and confidence founded upon our Covenantal rights as a believer. God does a work IN His people and then does a work THROUGH His people.

Call unto Him and watch Him do things you would not expect. Know that His covenant will stand. Make a demand on the better promises.

Father, I thank You that You have blessed us and given us New Covenant promises. We are complete in Christ and have been overtaken with blessings. You have forgiven all our sins and redeemed us by Your Blood, Jesus, saved us by Your Grace and sealed us with Holy Spirit of promise. We are a new creation in You everyday, the temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed from the curse of the law. We are more than a conqueror and victorious every time through You. Show me acts of faith you want me to complete today. I am in eternal covenant with you. So, today, I press toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus. Sufficient are Your provisions for today. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 New Year Prophesy

Happy New Year! Our hope is not in the new year, but in the One Who makes all things new!! These are great times of transition in the Body...